Does video content work?
We only need to consider how much video content crosses our own path in a standard business day, to know that video content is growing. Businesses are increasingly investing in video because it works.
A report by Invodo in 2014 reported:
- 9% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI.
- Retailers cite 40 percent increases in purchases as a result of video.
- Shoppers who view video are 1.81X more likely to purchase than non-viewers.
Recent trends in video format
At razor video brochures, we’re seeing a lot of smaller businesses take the plunge to make their own first video and corporate brands invest in series of video.
The most recent popular formats for video brochure content include:
- Explainer videos: these explain a concept, product or service in an entertaining manner, utilizing a variety of styles, such as animation or live action.
- Interviews with experts: as these help establish credibility and authority in all areas of business.
- “How-to” or instructional videos.These help to reassure your customer that he or she will be able to successfully use or install your product.
- Product demonstration videos.Your customer will be able to successfully use your product.
What is a standard video budget?
A video budget can range from virtually zero cost with a colleague simply filming a CEO on a smart phone, to the most expensive Chanel advertisement which was reported to cost $33 million.
We are living in a period in history, where everyone can be a photographer or filmmaker via their smart phone. The surge in visual communications ensures there is an abundance of creative talent to help even the most traditional businesses become visually compelling. As the famous saying goes, ‘you get what you pay for’.
Razor video brochures clients are now allocating 30 per cent of their film production budget to video brochures distribution. The reason is it becomes a safer investment because the video content is guaranteed to land in the hands of their key stakeholders and their top 15 friends.
Brendan Farrugia, Managing Director, www.razorvideobrochures.com.au,1300 863 444